September 05, 2008

My Maxwell is Sick Again

He threw up about 10 min. before I took this picture. At least we were outside on the grass! This was not his ball either. He was kicking it around ( I wouldn't let him pick it up) But I think the family saw how much he liked it so they gave it to him. He has that ball wherever he goes now!

We ended up taking Maxwell to the Dr. becaue he was complaining that his mouth hurt, his tummy hurt, his nose was runny and he had a high fever for 2 days straight. He has been so irritable that I have been going crazy. When he is sick he does not want to cuddle or be held. But at the same time he wants to be held. He is so uncomfortable he doesn't know what he wants. It is so frustrating. He is hungry too and just spits out the food becuase he can't swallow. Well he doesn't have step throat, but the Dr. said he has a lot of red and inflamed ulcers in the back of his throat. Yuck! He finally let me look at his mouth last night and ohh, does it look painful. The poor boy will have this for 5-7 more days the Doc. said. So we are on a diet of Popsicles and whatever else he will want to eat. I feel so bad that I can't help him out. He can have Tylenol & Motrin, and Chloroseptic spray( yeah like I can get that in a 2 year old mouth). So we are out of commision for a few days. Hopefully he will be more comfortable as the days go by.
On a positive note: becaue we have been home I painted Kyler's room by myself! Wahoo!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I always feel so gypped when my kids get sick during the summer! We had a weird throw-up bug last week. Everyone had it but me. I am so sorry, I can relate! And I love the picture of the boys sleeping together---how sweet is that?!

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

poor Max, seems like the kid can't catch a break. Hopefully he starts feeling better soon cause we all know how fun it is to have sick kids.

J and T said...

I am so sorry Max is sick. I feel bad. He probably got sick from Katelyn, because she had the same thing going on. Now we both just have lingering head colds, stuffy noses, and sneezes. Hope Max gets feeling better soon.

Also, I'm impressed you painted Kyler's room. I can't wait to see it. I'm sure it looks great.

Nicole said...

It stinks when kids are sick. I hope Max starts feeling better soon. I would love to pictures of Kyler's new paint!