September 13, 2008

The Healing Fields



On Thursday night Quinn came home from work and wanted to take the kids to The Healing Fields down by Sandy City Hall. We knew the kids would love to see all of the flags and we knew it would help us to feel some comfort on such a life altering day. Seven years ago we had only been married for a few months when this tragedy took place and we were both getting ready for school when we turned on the Today Show to find that the first tower had been hit. Moments later I watched the second tower get hit and was stunned. Quinn came rushing in as I was almost screaming at him to come and see. I could not believe what we were watching.
I had been in those towers only 2 months before. I was fortunate to have been able to be there and see those magnificent buildings. All I could think about were how many people were probably there on vacation as I had been just months before. I felt so sick to my stomach and still to this day have such a prayer in my heart for those who were directly affected by this tragedy.

No comments: