July 28, 2008

The Beach


Bailey

Annie

Lucy

Kyler Flying a Kite on the beach




Maxwell in the ocean with Grandpa, his buddy

Dan & Kyler warming up

Megan and Max by Andrew buried in the sand

I don't think I like any place better than the beach. It is so peaceful and beautiful. Kyler loves the ocean. Maxwell does now too. It took him a couple of days and then he didn't want to get out of the water. We went out on the beach almost every morning to look for sea shells and sand dollars. I think we came home with about 100. Now what to do with them...anyway. The boys loved it and that's why we did it. Kyler took up boogie boarding while we were there and loved it. He couldn't get enough of it. When he got cold he would go sit in the sand with a towel and then 20 min later he would be back out in the ocean. Maxwell was hesitant about the ocean at first. He loved the big "sandbox" and playing with Katelyn on the beach. That seemed to be good enough for him until one day he decided he wanted to jump the waves with me. I had to hold him at first and then after a few times he wanted to do it himself. From then on he loved the ocean. He got in all the way too. He was such a cutie.
Our last night my aunt Julie and her husband Jason and their 3 darling girls came to the beach with us and stayed and had dinner and played with us until about 10 pm. Talk about a fun night. The boys loved having the girls there to play with. Bailey and Annie loved the ocean as much as kyler and Max. Lucy was happy in the sand like max was at first. Julie & Jason just happened to be on a family vacation too and came over after they had been to sea world that day. We are so glad they could share that time with us. The next morning Kyler asked if he could play with his friends Bailey,Annie & Lucy on the beach again. It was a fun time!
The sunsets are amazing on the beach and everything just seems perfect while you are there. I miss it already and we all want to go back again soon. We have been fortunate to be there two different times this year. Mom & dad you are the greatest for getting us together and for giving us this wonderful opportunity. We can't wait to do it again.

5 comments:

Jenna said...

It looks like such a great trip--we are jealous! The boys look like they had a great time with their complete California experience!

Tawna said...

Wow...that looks like such a fun trip!!! I'm totally jealous! I love the beach and I love sea world and disney land too!! I'm glad you guys had such a good time!

vickersfam said...

Hey long-lost Sperry's! I found your blog through Lindsay. Your boys are very cute, their names too. I'm glad to see you guys are doing well. Gotta love blogging to keep old friends in touch better.
Julianne, are you still dancing ever?
~Natalie Hill Vickers

Nicole said...

Looks like so much fun. I am jealous you got to take the boys to disneyland. I can't wait until we can take Henry and Jackson. Thanks so much for letting us come see your beautiful home last week! I am so happy for you to be in a house. And Jackson loved playing with Kyler and Max. We will have to schedule a playdate next time we are in town!

Pohlmans said...

Julianne!!
I found your blog off Seth's. Your kids are darling. It is great to see you doing well. Check us out at pohlmanclan.blogspot.com