July 11, 2008

California or Bust






This year was mine and Quinn's 10 year High School Reunion. Even though we graduated from Hillcrest my Skyline friends decided it was okay to invite us to the "way better than the reunion" trip to California.(Quinn knows them through soccer, but thats another story too) It was so much fun. Thanks to Chad & Amanda we stayed at a beach house and "hung out" with friends for 5 days. You may think we were a little crazy because we had 10 kids under the age of 4 running around, but it was amazingly fun! We were able to go to the San Diego Zoo with Chad and Talmage and that was a blast. The boys loved the ocean... well Kyler loved being in the Ocean, Max loved looking at the ocean from the porch of the beach house. He loved the big "sand box" he got to play in. We had lots of time to catch up and laugh at the good old days of High School and even Jr. High. Wow! That goes back a long ways. What a great trip. We are now going through serious friend withdrawals. Thanks guys for making this such a great adventure.
Let me mention as well that we drove and not knowing before we left that the clutch in the car was getting bad after 13 hours ( supposed to be 10) when we got to our destination we had to take our car in to get a new clutch. Fantastic!
My Favorite part of the trip though had to be when the girls got lost trying to find a Target. Newport Beach anyone?

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Jules,
Who knew you had a blog????? I found it on Carrie's blog. It sounds like you had a great time in Cali. I will be in town the last week of July. Let's do lunch. I would love to see your new house!

Denise said...

Yea for blogging! I'm so glad you're here! I just laughed out loud just thinking about the target trip. Good times.

Jenna said...

Wow that was a fun trip...wish we were still there! Lucky you guys to get to go again!

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

yeah you finally started your blog! The trip was such a blast and I still laugh whenever I think of our Target adventure. Have so much fun down there (again) later this week!

Lindsay said...

Your family is so cute. I found your blog on Jeff's. Thanks for letting me spy on you fam.

Lindsay Eldredge Robbins

Tawna said...

Yah, I'm so glad you have a blog now!!! Now I can keep up with you too!! It was super fun to see you at Maceys awhile back! We should get together soon!!

Melinda said...

Hello you two! I found your blog on Tawna's. Looks like things have been great these past ten years. I also have two little boys!! my blog is www.mandmhaaga.blogspot.com!

Melinda Ware Haaga