
Soccer has begun again and we are so excited at our house. This will be Maxwell's first year playing AYSO and Quinn is coaching his team. Max could not be more excited about that. Kyler has moved up to U-8 and Quinn was looking forward to watching someone else coach Ky this year. Well that was not in the stars I guess because Quinn is coaching Ky too. However he has one of his co-workers as an assistant and that has made a huge difference too. THis season Quinn has implemented a patch reward system that has been a huge hit. (His assistant coach actually had the idea) The kids earn patches for their uniform each game depending on how they played that game. Every child gets a patch and now it is so fun to hear them talk about which patch they are going to try to get next game. The parents have even gotten excited about them too.
Maxwell has been having so much fun. You can tell that he has watched Kyler play and that he has a little more soccer experience. He is so excited to play every week. He tells me to say.."Go Max Go" while I am watching and then "I will play really good!" It is so great for him to finally have his turn to play. His team is the Bumblebees.
Kyler is having a great time learning positions and playing harder this year. THere is such a difference from him last year. Quinn doesn't always admit it but Kyler is doing great and it is fun to see him with his dad again. I really think this has been good for their relationship. Kyler's team is the Green Ninja's.
Coleby is a great buddy for me on the sidelines. He loves the soccer balls and is happiest when we roll the ball back and forth. I am sure he is taking it all in and one day we will be going to 3 soccer games and 3 practices each week.. oohh... he can't grow up that fast! For now I will enjoy having him on the sidelines cheering Ky and Max on!
Happy Soccer Season!
1 comment:
Julianne - Your boys are adorable! It's so fun to hear about your adventures with soccer and school. What a joy it is to watch our children grow.
Post a Comment