July 03, 2009

Kyler's Broken Foot




Kyler loves rough housing and playing around with his uncles. Well, this time,he was not being very rough and a weird landing on his foot put him into tears. He was playing with his uncle and landed funny on his foot, it swelled up and he didn't want to walk on it, but I wanted to wait and see what happened. THe next day he woke up and it was still very sore, but he started walking on it so I just let it be. We went swimming at grandma and grandpas, and by late afternoon, he was till in a lot of pain and walking on th einside of his foot. So I took him to the urgent care. I had him walk in and then when the nurse offered him a wheel chair he was so excited to not walk. I felt bad, that I had made him walk around, especially when the x-ray came back that it was broken. ( Mean Mom) Kyler was such a trooper though. He and I played a fun game with his hat while we waited for the doctor.


He has to wear this boot for 4-6 weeks. I am happy that that they didn't cast it, so that we can take it off to shower and I am sure to swim.

No comments: