

For Christmas this year we gave my dad curling lessons. Thanks to my sister Tara we got it all worked out to go the first weekend in February, since Andrew and Megan would be up from St. George. We have talked about going curling since the olympics were here in Salt Lake, so this was a big deal to finally pull it off. So curling looks like it is an easy game to play...It is quite the opposite. Sweeping is so tiring and requires skill, as I learned early on. I fell right on my tailbone the first time. IT hurt the rest of the night but I still had fun. In between my turn to throw the stone I was sitting on the ice. No need for an ice pack when you are on an ice rink! I have a new respect for professional curlers, it is not as easy as it looks.
2 comments:
That looks like so much fun... well it look confusing actually! How fun that you got to try it though.
Hey! I found your blog from Whit's. We went curling a while back too and had so much fun. I was also surprised at the ammount of skill it requires. Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment